Saturday, May 10, 2014

FROM A WESTSIDE CPS ELEMENTARY PRINCIPAL - "I HAVE FELT LIKE A PUPPET"

For so long I have felt that I could never really be principal of my school. I have felt like a puppet. Why is there the need to treat professionals as if we work in sweat shops? The annoying micro managing and finger pointing without the slightest bit of intelligent conversation and support.

... I believe that principals and teachers are overloaded to the tipping point with non-educational activities … I just wanted to write to you and say that you have sparked a great deal of conversation in many of us and I thank you for having the courage to do so.  Thank you for being the leader and educator that you are. Thank you for speaking up and out for our children.

I am honored that you added my thoughts and feel free to put my name on your blog

-Deborah Bonner

2 comments:

  1. From one U.S. Navy veteran to another, I stand with you my brother. Let me know how I can help. I served on the USS. Tripoli LPH-10. Call me when you can 312 405-8844.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for having the courage to speak the truth. It's not just principals that have experienced the insulting disrespect that came with the new administration. Please also know that the non-teaching staff has had similar rough, rude experiences at the hands of unqualified newly hired managers and principals. New procedures are poorly communicated, if at all, then your an idiot if you don't know how to do something. Privatization looms over all of us as decent middle class jobs are forfeited to corporations that are probably cash cow campaign contributors. The Mayor talks about how much he's doing to improve the lives of CPS students-- where the hell does he think our kids go to school?

    ReplyDelete